__________________ NATIVE VILLAGE OF EKLUTNA ______________
1/2/2018 JOB OPENING ANNOUNCEMENT
Closing Date – 2/9/2019
Download .PDF version
JOB TITLE: NVE Land and Environment Department Coordinator
Reports to: NVE Land/Environment Director. Up to Full Time, Salary DOE
The Land and Environment Coordinator (LEC) may work on any Land and Environment Department (LE) grant and contract objectives. These may include: fish and wildlife and other environmental and educational projects, community recycling education, natural resources traditional knowledge gathering, traditional cultural natural resources uses programs development, securing traditional lands and uses, developing tribal land management initiatives and projects to minimize and mitigate impacts and contamination of Eklutna traditional lands and waters. The LEC will assist with programs, research, investigations, and activities to protect, restore, and enhance resources and their traditional uses. (S)he will be encouraged to independently initiate, develop, and learn to conduct projects. The LEC may:
• plan and coordinate community environmental education events.
• contribute to the LE Brownfields and contaminated sites program which documents contaminated sites characteristics and coordinates with agencies and landowners to facilitate their remediation.
• assist with the NVE NALEMP Eklutna Army Site remediation project.
• develop environmental assessments and habitat improvement, and cultural projects.
• contribute to the NVE Newsletter, written reports to granting agencies and the NVE Traditional Council, and grant applications.
• participate in transportation and transportation safety planning and transportation projects.
• provide LE accounting assistance such as credit card rectification and check requests for Tribal Administrator approval and NVE Accountants.
Environmental and cultural commitment, knowledge and experience. Writing, word processing, and other computer and media skills. Experience coordinating with Native communities, agencies and other organizations. Native and tribal members preference.
Send Resumes and Letter of Interest to Marc Lamoreaux, Land and Environment Director at: NVE.LEDirector@Eklutna-NSN.gov Ph: (907) 688-8522 Fax: (907) 688-6021